We have received several calls/emails asking for clarification on a few issues so we have developed a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet:
Q: If family members and staff are self-isolating based on Public Health advice do the residents or staff need COVID testing ?
A: The current Public Health Unit advice is No. Only individuals who have been in the affected venues need to be tested or self-isolate. BCAC follows the advice of the Public Health Unit and if we are directed to test our residents or staff we will advise you of this requirement.
Q: Is anyone approved to visit a resident at risk of contracting the virus?
A: There are no positive cases in any staff or residents at BCAC so no visitor is at risk of contracting the virus.
Q: Does BCAC have staff working at the aged care facility in Prestons that has had a visitor test positive?
A: No current staff member at BCAC currently works at Prestons.
Q: NSW Health has announced more venues today that have had people who have visited the venue test positive. Where are they and is BCAC screening staff for these venues?
A: BCAC subscribes to the NSW Health relevant news alerts that advises us what venues we need to include on the declarations we ask all staff, visitors and contractors to sign.
We will commence putting the most current version of the declaration on our website as it is likely to change as venues are added.
The link to NSW Health news is https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Pages/rss.aspx
The current advice is as follows:
The NSW Health department are requesting residential aged care facilities to screen all staff and visitors for attending the following venues on the dates below:-
Crossroads Hotel, Casula: 3-10 July (people who attended the Crossroads Hotel during these dates are advised to immediately self-isolate until 14 days after they were last there and attend a clinic for testing even if they have no symptom
NSW Health advises that staff and visitors who have attended the venues below on these dates should not be allowed to enter an aged care facility until 14 days after they last attended the venue and are well
- Picton Hotel: 4, 5, 9, 10 July
- Planet Fitness, Casula: 6 – 10 Jul
- Star City Casino: 4 July (8:00pm – 10:30pm)
- Canterbury Leagues Cub: 4 July (11:00pm – 1:00am)
- Narellan Town Centre Shopping Town (Kmart, Target, Best & Less, H&M and food court): 6 July
- Zone Bowling, Villawood: 27 June (11:00am – 3:00pm)
- Cook, Kurnell: 5 July (11:30am – 12:30 pm)
- Highfield, Caringbah: 5 July (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Merimbula RSL: 6 July (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Waterfront Café, Merimbula: 7 July (8:30am – 9:30am)
- Murry Downs Golf Club: 4 -5 July
We also anticipate the following two venues will be added to the NSW Health list shortly based on media information.
- Kmart in Casula: 10 July (5:00pm – 12:00midnight)
- Prestons Lodge Aged Care